When it sits in plain sight, it isn’t technically a secret; but not many people think about topping their pizza with fresh greens. The secret here is really two-fold: number one being how delicious it is, and number two being how easy it is to get your greens. When it comes to making chef recipes at home, this one will certainly make you look like a gourmet.
The Base: Dough
The biggest decision you’ll need to make with this recipe is whether to make your own dough, or use a store bought ball. If using a store bought dough, get an 8 oz. ball and bring it to room temperature before rolling it out and placing on the prepared pan.
If making your own dough, try this quick recipe featuring Fleischman’s® Yeast:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 envelope Fleischman’s® Pizza Crust Yeast OR Fleischman’s® Rapid Rise Yeast:
• 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°F)
• 3 tablespoons oil
Combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Add the water and oil and mix until combined. Gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should be slightly sticky. If using Pizza Crust Yeast, turn onto a floured board (or use your dough hook) and knead for about 4 minutes. If using Rapid Rise Yeast, let sit for 10 minutes. When ready, press onto prepared pan. Preheat your oven to 425° and get the toppings ready.
The Middle Section: Garlic Oil And Cheese
Now that the dough situation is under control, it’s time for what goes on top of it. If you already have a pre-prepared garlic oil on hand, brush 3 tablespoons over the entire surface of the prepared dough. If not, one of the most popular chef recipes at home involves making your own:
• Place ½ cup olive oil and 4 smashed garlic cloves into a small saucepan.
• Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes being careful not to burn garlic.
• Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Remove garlic cloves.
• Once cool, brush 3 tablespoons oil over the entire surface of the pizza dough.
Add the cheese:
• 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
Spread evenly over the garlic oil coated dough. Bake in the oven on the lowest rack for about 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.