It’s time for decadence. If you love the salted caramel trend, coupled with chocolate ganache, nestled in a dark chocolate cookie crust, this is one of the recipes you’ll keep forever.
For The Crust:
• 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
• 1 stick melted butter
For The Salted Caramel Filling:
• 1 stick butter
• 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
For The Chocolate Ganache:
• 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 2 cups heavy cream
• Pinch of sea salt
• Finely crush the sandwich cookies in a food processor.
• Add 1 stick melted butter and pulse to combine.
• Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan and freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
• Make the caramel filling by combining brown sugar and 1 stick butter in a small saucepan.
• Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Add salt.
• Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
• Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth.
• Cool caramel about 15 minutes, then pour over crust and refrigerate until set, about 30 – 45 minutes.
• To make the ganache, place the chopped chocolate and pinch of salt in a heatproof bowl.
• Bring the cream to a boil, then remove from heat and pour over the chocolate.
• Let sit for 3 minutes.
• Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture until they are blended together.
• Pour the ganache over the caramel. Allow to sit at room temperature until set.
• Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
This dessert is perfect as is, or as the ending to an Italian dinner featuring classic marinara over pasta. No matter how you enjoy it, it’s one of the recipes you’ll turn to again and again.
Ganache topping modified from – Eats Well With Others: https://joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/2013/12/chocolate-caramel-tart-with-sea-salt.html
Crust and caramel filling modified from - Kevin & Amanda: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/dark-chocolate-salted-caramel-oreo-pie/