Pumpkin latte might evoke feelings of fall, but is there ever really a bad time for pumpkin cake? Deliciousness knows no season, and if you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing cake that tastes as beautiful as it looks, this is one of the recipes that will meet your expectations.
This is one of those recipes that makes enough for the Bundt cake pictured, as well as a few muffins on the side. So after you grease your Bundt pan, line a muffin tray with about 9 paper liners and spray lightly to avoid sticking. Now you can have your cake and your muffins, too.
• 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 2 ½ cups sugar
• 2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 - 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup coconut oil or canola oil
• 2/3 cups water
• 4 eggs
• Powdered sugar for dusting
Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze:
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1-2 tablespoons milk (This glaze is on the thick side, so start with 1 and work your way up if you like it a bit thinner.)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well mixed.
• In a separate bowl whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, and water. Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
• Make a little well in the center of the dry ingredients, and slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine.
• Do not over mix!
• If making both the muffins and the Bundt cake, pour the mixture into the 9 muffins tins first (with paper liners or lightly sprayed), then pour the remaining batter into a greased Bundt pan.
• Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, and the Bundt cake for 50-55 minutes.
• Once baked remove from oven, let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
• When cooled, dust cake with powdered sugar and drizzle glaze on top. Sprinkle cinnamon over glaze to create desired effect. (Muffins are perfect without glaze.)
To Make The Glaze:
• In a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk until desired consistency.
Pour a cup of coffee, pumpkin latte, or a special cocktail, and enjoy.